Kwiki Karts: The Narrative Behind First Logistics Brand from Nigeria’s Oldest University





To every University of Ibadan student or staff, it is important that goals are clarified towards personal and societal development and growth. When the goals are discernible, it is imperative to provide solutions to solve problems threatening the humanity. “Whatever our dreams and aspirations are, they are all valid! As long as we are ready to pursue them, they would all come to reality,” Oluwafemi Lafua, founder of first Nigeria’s University-based logistics company said.
From one bicycle to two motorcycles, Kwiki Karts has redefined logistics services at the country’s oldest university, providing services ranging from delivery of freshly cooked meals from restaurants to the distribution of non-consumable materials to clients within and outside the university community. One of the value propositions of Kwiki Karts is to eliminate distance beyond the delivery of goods to people and businesses. “We are not only bridge the distance barrier and allowing our customers to focus on core personal or corporate operations every day, we also purchase materials and deliver them within agreed time.”
Moments of Crisis and Innovation
For the records, I started Kwiki as my contribution to the growth and development of our nation. We have enough problems already and I started to be part of those to solve some of these problems not to join others to complain.
Find Solution to Big Problems
Despite operating from the University environment, Kwiki Karts is being seen by many people as an ‘errand business’. “Well, people may see it like that. But the truth is irrespective of what you do to create value on exchange for money, you're an errand boy/girl. If you sew clothes, I have bought into your time and you have to make those clothes unless you refund my money. Whatever your customers say they want is what you give them. Even when you are offered a professional job like law, your clients have the right to tell you what to do and even give you an ultimatum. So, personally, as long as you are offering value that people are paying for, I am not an errand boy. I am simply an entrepreneur solving the problems of shopping and logistics including last minute delivery for businesses.
Demanding Risks and Sacrifices
It has not been easy especially with the rigorous academic demands of my course of study. But prioritizing has really helped me a lot. Doing first things first! The most important with less consequence is what I do at a particular point in time. For example, if I have a class, I simply let customers know and luckily, they understand. While some do, some do not. They simply call again some other {time}. 
However, at times, I do not attend classes, especially when the class is not 'important'. But I try as much as possible to do my assignments and tests. As part of my commitment to my academic excellence, I simply shut down business a week to examination and resume after exams. In 2018, I employed someone on a full-time basis, so it is needless to shut down business in order to meet up with my academic demands. 
Nonetheless, it has never been easy, but God has played a huge role in helping me balance both in academics and business as I am excellently doing well in both.  As a matter of fact, I am currently on a 2:1 and business has grown from one bicycle to two motorcycles and website/app within the space of 15 months. 

Kwiki by 2024

That would be 5 years from now. Our services would have been expanded to major cities in Nigeria. By then, we would have been the largest virtual mall and logistics brand by Africans and for Africa/Africans. That is the goal. And in years later, we would have become the Amazon of Africa.

Comments