Ibadan and Emerging Data Scientists: The Story of Abdul-Azeez Isah

Abdul-Azeez Isah

We have brought to you the story of two Data Scientists who have gained the needed knowledge and skills for solving socioeconomic and political problems using data science and machine learning approaches.
Olumide Adaramoye has told us how he acquired the knowledge and skills from Ibadan AISaturdays’ classes, being held at the University of Ibadan every Saturday, and deployed them.  We have also had an encounter with Ade-Onojobi Oluwadewalade Adebiyi. In this piece, Abdul-Azeez Isah shares his experience and the future of Artificial Intelligence in Ibadan with us.
How would you describe your experience so far?
It started out like every other training, where you would simply send in your application, and for some time, wait until you are contacted. I did just that and with the conviction that the knowledge to be offered would be part of what I require.  So, on the first day (of class), I was introduced to the concept, application(s), and future of data. That data was the next big thing. How it exists and subsequently its analyses. So far, I have acquired a basic mastery of data (even though I am still relatively fresh to data science). I have enjoyed every bit of what I have learnt and it has been worth it.
What have been the significant skills and knowledge you have gained that you intend to use to unlock inherent opportunities in data economy?
With a basic mastery of data, I have only been able (to an extent) identify (some) patterns in a given set, and perform other basic analyses. But it doesn't end there; I also hope to work with big data and explore deep learning so that I can work on more practical problems (in different ways that directly affect human lives). I have also developed a sixth sense for data (i.e. I can identify data in as many forms as it appears).
Does AI have a future in Ibadan?
With the little I know; I would say yes. This is because AISaturdays, the cohort I attend, has created an atmosphere (at least for me) where the reality of Artificial Intelligence is within the reach (for a diligent student with a laptop). The future is simple, as much as more people explore this atmosphere, there will be a need for expansion to accommodate an increasing number. This growth, although steady, is what lightens hope of a future of AI in Ibadan.


Comments

  1. Pls I just want to ask if the AI Saturday programs is on for beginners. Tank you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment